- All accommodations are supplied with sheets, towels, and comforters, bedspreads and/or blankets. More blankets are available on request. We provide multiple towels per bathroom and ask that you help us conserve by re-using them. On request, we may provide a reasonable quantity of additional towels.
- NAN Ranch does not supply housekeeping (maid) service during your stay. The houses and cabins are thoroughly cleaned after each rental, and are inspected thoroughly before your arrival. On notice of deficiency or housekeeping emergency, we will certainly attend to a housekeeping issue, but we do not provide maid service. Each accommodation is provided with basic cleaning equipment: mop, broom, disinfectant. Hosts can advise on washing machines.
- Paper goods: NAN Ranch provides a starter-supply of paper towels and toilet paper. If you will need more than is provided, please consider this a grocery item for your list.
- Groceries: NAN Ranch does not provide or serve food for rentals. Both Deming and Silver City have WalMarts, and Silver City has some additional choices. Each of these two towns is about 45 minutes away, and there are no closer sources. Bringing some basic groceries with you is a good idea.
- As the homes rented are family homes and used by various family members, we may store left-behind items such as salt, pepper, spices, and occasionally canned goods in the pantries or cabinets. You are welcome to use what it is left in the house, but we do not guarantee its freshness or safety.
- We maintain a few non-perishables and a freezer with prepared frozen foods for emergencies. If you have an urgent situation and cannot get to a grocery store, you may use what you need and reimburse the ranch. We do not maintain a store, but our remoteness can be a challenge.
Kitchens are fully equipped. The Lodge has a propane range, microwave, refrigerators, and a good assortment of tools, pots, and pans. The Rancher's House has an upscale kitchen with built-in Thermador appliances and a wide assortment of tools, pots and pans. Both of these houses also have a standard coffeemaker and Keurig coffeemaker. The bunkhouse cabins have electric ranges, microwaves, and refrigerators, and standard coffee makers. All houses have dishes and flatware, bowls, and so on for serving. If an item you want is not found in your kitchen, please ask for it. If we can, we will provide it. If we cannot, we apologize.
- Because some other guests may not be as enthusiastic about your pets as you are, and because some very nice pets behave oddly in new circumstances, the NAN Ranch requires that you control your pet by leash or other means at all times.
- Any damage done by your pet will be billed to the credit card retained on your rental.
- There are skunks near the headquarters that sometimes come in the yard. Almost all dogs will be curious about a skunk, and if not controlled will chase it or challenge it. A skunk will spray in these instances. NEVER let a skunked dog inside before thoroughly bathing it and treating the odor. If your pet is sprayed by a skunk and subsequently damages furniture or bedding by spreading the fluid/odor into it, you will be billed for all cleaning or replacement that may ultimately be required. [ Avoiding Skunks ]
- You are responsible to clean up your pet's feces as soon as possible within the headquarters area. A guest and his/her pet may be asked to leave if this is neglected.
- In unimproved areas, you are responsible to remove pet feces from roadways or pathways.
- There are poisonous snakes on the ranch, and sometimes even in the headquarters area. A town dog may be very curious about a snake. Be aware of the appearance and warning sounds of rattlesnakes. [ Avoiding Snakes ]
- Other animals may frighten your pet, or your pet may chase an animal out of your sight and control. You must consider this a continuing possibility. Squirrels, deer, elk, turkeys, javelina, skunks, raccoons, badgers, and owls may all be dangerous to a pet.
- There are barn cats at the NAN Ranch. They are here to keep the rodent population down. Please control your pets around the cats.
Renting Multiple Accommodations
Damage or Missing Items
See [ Liability and Releases ] below.
- All access and use of the unimproved and remote parts of the ranch is undertaken at the renter's or guest's own risk, or at the risk of the indemnified adult. Guests are advised that in wild country there may be substantial risk of accident, injury, or death.
- All activities at or beyond the ranch headquarters are undertaken at the renter's or guest's own risk, or at the risk of the indemnified adult.
- As a renter or guest you may access the unimproved and remote parts of the ranch on foot, may ride your own horses, or may ride your own bicycles on or off-road.
- You may access the unimproved and remote parts of the ranch in your own high-clearance or all-terrain vehicles by ranch road ONLY. NO powered vehicles may go off-road on the NAN Ranch.
- Renters and guests should take cell phones with them when they leave the headquarters. Although there is little or no signal at the houses, there is reception from most hilltops. In any emergency you should call 911 and the ranch host.
- You should advise ranch hosts of your on-ranch plans or leave word in your accommodation, in case you are late returning.
- Never approach livestock or wild animals under any circumstances.
- One individual over the age of 21 for each party must sign an agreement accepting general liability for damage to any property of the NAN Ranch or of other renters. That person's credit card information will be retained as security.
- Each person over the age of 18 who intends to visit the NAN Ranch with a rental party must sign an agreement indemnifying him/herself for his/her injury or death on ranch property.
- A person over the age of 21 must sign an agreement indemnifying him/herself for the injury or accidental death of EACH minor person who intends to stay at the NAN Ranch with a rental party.
- NAN Ranch Cattle Company, LLC and H&B Properties, Inc. do not accept responsibility for any accident, injury, or accidental death that occurs on the NAN Ranch. Every member of a rental party is responsible for his or her own safety.
- Our liability-related releases are linked on the [ Reservations ] page.
Archaeological Sites and Artifacts
Access for Disabled Persons
- Most interior and exterior doors in the Bunkhouse Cabins and the Lodge are 28" or 30".
- Access to the Bunkhouse Cabins is only by a step up to 28" doors.
- Access to the Lodge is by steps to a 36" door, steps to a 28" door, or by a steep ramp (not wheelchair-friendly) to a 28" door. From the 36" entrance, wider openings are available to the kitchen and food service areas and living rooms. One bathroom and shower have easy and open access, though the bathroom door is only 28".
- Doors throughout the Rancher's House are 34" and 36", but there is no level, ramped, or otherwise chair-accessible entry. One back door has a very shallow step up.
- The Downstairs Patio Apartment is the only accommodation with a level entry point. It has a tiled floor throughout and the shower has better-than-usual access via a very low curb. We can supply a shower chair. This apartment does have one step up to its living room, but the bath, kitchenette, and bedroom require virtually no stepping up.
- Most pathways and driveways are barrier free throughout the ranch Headquarters, though some pathways are of packed gravel or dirt. Many vehicle trails, especially near the headquarters, are smooth and barrier free as well.
If your family or group includes a person using a wheelchair or one who has limited mobility, we encourage you to call and discuss his or her needs and limitations. We will be glad to help make their visit possible.
1362 Highway 61
Faywood, New Mexico 88034
575-288-5368 | email@example.com
NAN Ranch Directions from I-10 20
NAN Ranch Directions from Silver City 19